Nikon D3500 Vs Canon 1500D - A quick review & the best entry level DSLR



When I look out for reviews and comparisons of products I want to buy, I find it difficult to read long posts which compare things which are just jargons for me and there is no clear verdict. And at the end I am more confused :). For my recent reviews I have started adding verdicts and in past at least 40 friends and family went ahead with my verdict and bought cameras I suggested and all of them are happy with what they have. And that makes me more confident in suggesting products which are either used by me for some project or by my serious photographer friends. Although this post is about comparison of Canon 1500D and Nikon D3500, but feel free to reach us for detailed views on other cameras.    If you are looking for other comparisons as well, please do check out the followings -    Nikon D3300 and Canon 1300D    Detailed review of Canon D1300    Nikon D3300 Vs Nikon D3400 - An interesting comparison which would break some assumptions about upgrades.    Full Frame Camera by Nikon - D810    Canon 80D Vs Nikon D7200    Why Nikon D7000 is a better choice over Nikon D5200 for Serious Photographers.    Detailed Review of Nikon D5100    Why Travellingcamera loves Nikkor 14-24?     Details of Canon 200D DSLR camera    Both these cameras have almost same Resolution, and I love the fact because lot of folks get into this trap of megapixels in entry level cameras with same crop sensors. So no difference from that standpoint.

When I look out for reviews and comparisons of products I want to buy, I find it difficult to read long posts which compare things which are just jargons for me and there is no clear verdict. And at the end I am more confused :). For my recent reviews I have started adding verdicts and in past at least 40 friends and family went ahead with my verdict and bought cameras I suggested and all of them are happy with what they have. And that makes me more confident in suggesting products which are either used by me for some project or by my serious photographer friends. Although this post is about comparison of Canon 1500D and Nikon D3500, but feel free to reach us for detailed views on other cameras.


If you are looking for other comparisons as well, please do check out the followings -










Both these cameras have almost same Resolution, and I love the fact because lot of folks get into this trap of megapixels in entry level cameras with same crop sensors. So no difference from that standpoint.




Is wifi important for you? Canon 1500D wins on this. 

Canon 1500D comes up with wifi connectivity, while Nikon D3500 support bluetooth connectivity. You can accordingly decide which of these is more relevant for you. 

Will you do night photography or low light photography?

Nikon D3500 offers double the ISO range - Max being 25,600 in comparison to 12800 by Canon 1500D. Higher ISO range helps you click better photographs in low light, if that's one of the prime use-cases, then Nikon D3500 makes more sense over Canon 1500D

Weight difference is not much or not worth thinking much on this one. 

Nikon D3500 little lighter in weight in comparison to Canon 1500D. In larger scheme I doubt it makes lot of difference but still. 

Nikon D3500 wins on focus points. 

Nikon D3500 has 11 Focus points in comparison to 9 focus points in Canon 1500D. This is one of the important aspect because that gives you flexibility in setting right focus for the frame you chose. 



Most of the other features are either similar or not worth discussing here. 

Looking at the price and entry level use-case, Canon 1500D makes more sense as of today because of price point but if the price difference is less than 5000 Rs, I would recommend to go with Nikon D3500. If this price difference is not very important for you, Nikon D3500 would be a preferred choice over Canon 1500D. 

Caution : Don't get into the trap of buying the camera with 2 lenses. It's better to start with 18-55mm default lens and gradually decide which lens makes more sense for you - a prime lens or zoom. 

Comments

Trending Post Today !

How to reach Kasol/Malana and top things to do around this stunning hill-station of Himalayan State of India

Main places to see & Top things to do around Dalhousie : Stunning Hill Station in Himalayan State of India