If you are into Travel Photography, you know that wide angle lens plays a big role in your kit. So far, I have used various wide angle lenses of different brands and price-ranges, I am super impressed with the quality this particular lens offers. Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8 is one of the sharpest lenses I have ever used.
It was Mughal Rally, when I used this lens. One of the journalist friend offered me to us this lens for an hour. Above photograph is clicked with same lens.
- Fast, ultra wide-angle AF-S zoom lens
- Exceptional sharpness, contrast and color, rendering outstanding image integrity.
- Two Extra-low Dispersion (ED) elements and PGM aspherical lenses control chromatic aberrations while enhancing sharpness and contrast even at the widest aperture settings.
- Exclusive Nano Crystal Coat further reduces ghosting and flare for even greater image clarity.
- Nikon’s Silent Wave Motor (SWM) enables ultra-high-speed autofocusing with exceptional accuracy and powerful, super-quiet operation.
- Internal Focus (IF) provides fast and quiet autofocusing without changing the length of the lens, retaining subject-working distance through the focus range.
- Rugged construction with professional-grade dust and moisture resistance.
- M/A focus mode switch enables quick response to changing situations between auto and manual focus operation.
- Nikkor 14-24mm is optimized for edge-to-edge sharpness on both the Nikon FX and DX format sensors.
- Mount Type: Nikon F-Bayonet
- Focal Length Range: 14-24mm
- Zoom Ratio: 1.7x
- Maximum Aperture: 2.8
- Minimum Aperture: 22
- Maximum Angle of View (DX-format): 90°
- Minimum Angle of View (DX-format): 61°
- Maximum Angle of View (FX-format): 114°
- Minimum Angle of View (FX-format): 84°
- Compatible Format(s): FX, DX, FX in DX Crop Mode, 35mm Film
- Diaphragm Blades: 9
- ED Glass (Elements): 2
- Aspherical (Elements): 3
- Super Integrated Coating: Yes
- Autofocus: Yes
- AF-S (Silent Wave Motor): Yes
- Internal Focusing: Yes
- Minimum Focus Distance: 0.9ft.(0.28m)
- Focus Mode: Auto, Manual, Manual/Auto
- Dimensions: (Approx.) 3.8×5.2 in. (Diameter x Length), 98×131.5mm (Diameter x Length)
- Weight: (Approx.) 969g
- Lens Case: CL-M3
- Lens Hood: Built-in
- Supplied Accessories: CL-M3 semi-soft case, Lens cover, Rear lens cap