After a very successful post about comparison of Canon 1300D and Nikon D3300, lot of folks asked to compare Nikon D3400 as it's the latest model available right now. Since both the cameras are from same brand, let me start with similarities and which means no difference at all when we say similarities.
1. Nikon D3300 as well as D3400 has 24 megapixel APS-C 2. CMOS sensor
3. 1920*1018 video resolution
4. Nikon F Mount
5. 3” Fixed type screen
6. Optical (pentamirror) viewfinder
7. 5 fps continuous shooting
Now let's look at things where these cameras vary and how much.
Let's talk about Nikon D3400 and how it wins over Nikon D3300 -
1. Max ISO in D3400 is better than D3300, which would be helpful in case of low light conditions.
2. Battery life of D3400 is better than D3300. You will be able to shoot 1200 images in comparison to 700. I am not very sure how important this would be for normal user. 700 shots is a good number for one time, unless you plan to go on a trek and can’t get access to charging point for a week :).
3. Nikon D3400 offer higher dynamic range in comparison to 4. Nikon D3300
5. Nikon D3400 has bluetooth, if you are looking for this feature.
6. Another interesting feature in Nikon D3400 is Smartphone_remote control, which is not present in D3300
One thing which is there in Nikon D3300 but not present in Nikon D3400 is Microphone port. People who want to shoot documentaries or shot videos with better audio quality, Nikon D3300 is definite choice over D3400 unless other positives of D3400 are also crucial. In that case, anyway you need to look at some other option.
If I look at the price difference, Nikon D3400 is just 2000 rs expensive in comparison to Nikon D3300. So if you don't really care about microphone port, Nikon D3400 is clear option in my opinion.
Please feel free to drop me your questions as comments below and I would love to answer them for you. It can anything related to the kind of lenses you should opt along with this camera or anything else.