This is one of the ideas that I have been discussing with many fellow photographers who are based in beautiful towns/cities like Shimla, Manali, Goa, Kerala where lot of Indian couples go for honeymoon. I know demand of international honeymoon packages have been increasing, but you will surprised to know that demand for domestic honeymoon packages if much higher. OTAs like MakeMyTrip, Expedia, Booking.com, Yatra.com etc can certainly confirm these numbers with supporting data.
Earlier only weddings used to be most important and expensive, but now folks have good budgets for honeymoons. And if someone is planning this special trip of life, it also deserves special attention in terms of keeping the memories for future. I always talked to my photographer friends in Shimla to offer some special services in terms of Honeymoon Candid shoots but unfortunately none of them took me seriously so far. I am not aware if folks in other countries are doing something of this sort, but I feel confident that this can one of the potential business for good photographers who do creative photography.
Now there are 2 kinds of people, who would be reading this post - Photographers or folks planning their Honeymoon. If you don't lie in any of the above categories, you can tell your photographer friends or potential honeymooners to read this post and reach out to us for planning something special.
Few Tips for Photographers who are willing to experiment in this space -
1. Create this special category of photography and establish yourself as one of the best photographer in this space.
2. You certainly need to create a tempting portfolio, which encourage couples to get such shoots done during honeymoon.
3. Since it's honeymoon for folks, you need to be very cautious about taking their time. You need to give high value by taking less time. If you are not confident, don't attempt it and spoil this special holiday for 2 people who are just starting new life with this special event after wedding.
4. This is very good opportunity for photographers in cities which may not offer commercial shoots, but more honeymoon shoots.
5. If you want to talk to us further on this topic, do use contact form on the right panel. We will do out best to enable you plan and do such shoots. By looking at the reach of the blog, we expect couples to reach us for such shoots, which has been happening for various other genres. We would be willing to pass those opportunities to right folks.
Tips for Honeymooners for getting special shoot done at the destination -
1. If you are serious about it, make sure you check some of the top candid photographers in the city/region you are heading for your honeymoon. It's not only about top names but more about creative photographers who do good job, can meet your expectations and fit well with your budgets.
2. If person hasn't done any Honeymoon shoot, do check out pre-wedding or post-wedding shoots. Quality of those shoots can tell you a lot.
3. Be sure that it can be distraction in your honeymoon. So be sure if you want to get it done and how much time you want to give to the shoot. It's also important, what is more important for you - places you visit during honeymoon, different moods & dress-ups etc. We have some themes in mind and would share on this blog, so that you can have better conversation with your photographer.
Now I open this post for comments and suggestions. And if you feel like having a discussion on this topic, don't shy away from reaching out to us through the form in right panel.