(Migrated from other blog) I am a huge fan of Adobe Camera Raw dialog and that's why I love Lightroom as well ! Initially when I started uploading my photographs to Flickr, I saw many folks adding borders to their photographs. I also wanted to have borders in mine photographs and tried it in Photoshop. The process of increasing canvas was a bit expensive in terms of time and I didn't like it much when I have to do it for many photographs... During this I found another solution in Picnik which is default editor of Flickr. But what about the photographs which are not uploaded to Flickr.
Later I found something interesting in Adobe Camera Raw, which can be used to have rounded borders. Although now I have stopped adding borders to my photographs but this process can be useful for folks who want rounded borders.... Check out !!!
1. Open your JPEGs or Raw files in Adobe Camera Raw Dialog !
2. When file is opened in Adobe Camera Raw Dialog, Click on 'Fx' tab on right side.
3. Move following sliders to extreme left
This process simply create a black rounded border around your photograph...
Certain limitations of this method -
1. Only rounded borders can be created
2. No way of increasing border width unless want feather effect.
3. We may have something important towards the edges which will become border after this.
Try and share if you find this method interesting....