Few days back I was looking at my old photographs in Lightroom and came across this photograph. Immediately after, a question came to my mind - how come this photograph is there in my catalog without visiting Yosemite National Park yet then ?
When I explored more, I realized that place is near Serolsar lake . During my first visit to Serolsar, we moved ahead and found these rock mountains which are unusual. At least, I haven't seen such mountains in Mandi, Shimla or Kullu regions. There are lot of Rock mountains in KInnaur and Lahaul-Spiti. And here this mountain is in middle of green mountains all around. Such landscapes make Yosemite special and hence this comparison. If you have been to Yosemite, do you see any similarity or I am missing something else. I would love to hear your thoughts through comments.
Trekkers usually go go till Serolsar Lake from Jalori pass and these mountains are clearly visible, if you trek ahead. After seeing this photograph, I am curious to know more about this place and plan a trek beyond Serolsar lake.
If explored more, I am sure that we can find more such landscapes around Jeori in Shimla, which is on border of Kinnar district of Himachal Pradesh. This photograph inspires me to do more research and find more of such landscapes in India and photograph them.
If you liked this post and found it helpful, I would request you to follow these things when traveling -
- Manage your waste well and don’t litter
- Use dustbins. Tell us if you went to a place and found it hard to locate a dustbin.
- Avoid bottle waters in hills. Usually you get clean water in hills and water bottles create lot of mess in our ecosystem.
- Say big no to plastic and avoid those unhealthy snacks packed in plastic bags. Rather buy fruits.
- Don't play loud blaring music in forests of jungle camps. You are a guest in that ecosystem and disturbing the locals (humans and animals) is not polite