How to Allow Floating Documents/Files/Windows in Full Edit Mode of Adobe Photoshop Elements

(An old post migrated from other blog) I knew that 10th version of Adobe Photoshop Elements allows us to float different photograph-windows in workspace, but it took a while for me to figure it out. First I tried to drag a document/window from tiled view, by assuming that drag will allow me to float a particular photo-window. But drag was not allowed. Then I went through options in View and Windows menu, but again failed to locate any option. During this I noticed some disabled options under View Menu. 

It never came to my mind that floating of files/documents is controlled through Preferences. Here are the steps to make your windows float in Adobe Photoshop Elements workspace.

- Go to Editor Preferences through edit Menu or CTRL+K
- In General Tab, check the option - 'Allow Floating Documents in Full Edit Mode'

I knew that 10th version of Adobe Photoshop Elements allows us to float different photograph-windows in workspace, but it took a while for me to figure it out. First I tried to drag a document/window from tiled view, by assuming that drag will allow me to float a particular photo-window. But drag was not allowed. Then I went through options in View and Windows menu, but again failed to locate any option. During this I noticed some disabled options under View Menu.It never came to my mind that floating of files/documents is controlled through Preferences. Here are the steps to make your windows float in Adobe Photoshop Elements workspace- Go to Editor Preferences through edit Menu or CTRL+- In General Tab, check the option - 'Allow Floating Documents in Full Edit ModeYou are done and now photo-windows can be floated within Adobe Photoshop Elements workspace.

You are done and now photo-windows can be floated within Adobe Photoshop Elements workspace.

Comments

Param said…
With Photoshop having moved to a rental based system, have you tried alternatives?
It's hard to find any alternative to Photoshop. Here I am talking about Photoshop Elements, which is not meant for professionals.

I am majorly using Lightroom for managing and processing my photographs.

Trending Post Today !

How to reach Kasol/Malana and top things to do around this stunning hill-station of Himalayan State of India

Main places to see & Top things to do around Dalhousie : Stunning Hill Station in Himalayan State of India