While roaming around Mumbai city, I stopped at Marine Drive for few minutes. Walked around the sea and noticed lot of Mumbaiwalahs enjoying the beautiful day. This place certainly tells a lot about the city.
Marine Drive is essentially a 3 kilometers long road aligned with seashore, which connects Nariman Point tp Babulnath and Malabar Hill in South Mumbai. The promenade lies parallel to this road. Marine Drive is also known as the Queens’s Necklace as it looks beautiful in night.
I found this place very interesting, but unfortunately we were in a hurry to catch the flight. And we were very scared of Mumbai traffic and didn't want to miss the flight. This place made me feel very happy. I loved the way people were out of their houses and spending some peaceful moments around this place. I couldn't think of any such place in Delhi. My friend gave a reason that there are not much open places in Mumbai where people can go after office. I don't know about that, but overall it was very happy feeling to be around Marine Drive.
The conversation with my friend on Marine Drive, lead me to think about working in Mumbai for some time and experience this different culture. I know lot of folks who are fan of Mumbai and I also want to be the one.
Hope I get to spend more time in the city and know how it's different from other parts in our country.
If you liked this post and found it helpful, I would request you to follow these things when traveling -
- Manage your waste well and don’t litter
- Use dustbins. Tell us if you went to a place and found it hard to locate a dustbin.
- Avoid bottle waters in hills. Usually you get clean water in hills and water bottles create lot of mess in our ecosystem.
- Say big no to plastic and avoid those unhealthy snacks packed in plastic bags. Rather buy fruits.
- Don't play loud blaring music in forests of jungle camps. You are a guest in that ecosystem and disturbing the locals (humans and animals) is not polite