Creating Time-Lapse videos has been quite challenging and almost everyone wants to create one. It's certainly a very interesting way of sharing activities around a space or some action. It's quite different from shooting a video and there are some specific cases where time-lapse makes more sense as compared to video. And now Huawei P9 has made the process making Time-Lapse so easy that my 3 years old niece can create some interesting videos.
Wondering why am I saying that shooting Time-Lapse is easy now? Let me share the standard way of making Time-Lapse videos.
1. Put your camera on Tripod
2. Keep clicking photographs of a view after regular interval. This part can be managed by connecting your camera to laptop having Time-Lapse softwares.
3. When you clicked 100+ photographs, download them.
4. Import to any video making software and stitch these photographs.
Imagine the amount of patience and accuracy is required?
Now let's see what all you need to do for creating Time-Lapse with Huawei P9 -
1. Launch Camera of Huawei P9
2. Swipe from left to right
3. Choose Time-Lapse option
4. Put your camera in front of scene and press recording button.
5. Press again when you think that action you wanted to capture is complete.
What do you say now? Let's talk about when & how to shoot Time-Lapse videos.
Now let's talk about what to shoot in time-lapse mode. Recently I was in hills and clouds were playing hide and seek, so I found it interesting to shoot in Time-Lapse. But why not video? Because Time-Lapse gives the feel of little fast movement which improves the overall experience.
The specific video below shows funny movement of people trekking hills.
The video below shows the process of making chana chat in ban. Now this video is showing the whole process but imagine the length of video it would be. It would become boring. Being a fast glimpse at a process makes it interesting and easily consumable.
Typical challenge is to keep your hands sturdy to avoid shakes in final video. That's not possible, so either use Tripods or find a place to put your phone.
Now that you know how to shoot Time-Lapse videos, just grab your phone and try it. Do share through comments about your experience and if there are specific queries around the same.
If you liked this post and found it helpful, I would request you to follow these things when traveling -
- Manage your waste well and don’t litter
- Use dustbins. Tell us if you went to a place and found it hard to locate a dustbin.
- Avoid bottle waters in hills. Usually you get clean water in hills and water bottles create lot of mess in our ecosystem.
- Say big no to plastic and avoid those unhealthy snacks packed in plastic bags. Rather buy fruits.
- Don't play loud blaring music in forests of jungle camps. You are a guest in that ecosystem and disturbing the locals (humans and animals) is not polite