Few weeks back I visited Mumbai and planned to visit the famous Juhu Beach. As I reached the Juhu beach and stepped inside from the connecting road, I was very disappointed with litter all around. That totally spoiled the mood, I hardly spent 10 minutes there, that too for waiting for uber taxi to arrive.
I hardly took out my camera. This made me think if all popular places in India would like this in coming years? I visited the place when Clean India campaign is running and lot of bollywood stars support it and they live in same city. And here I don't intend to blame authorities or influencers but everyone who visits such beautiful places and don't care to keep them clean.
And it's not only about people visiting such places but also vendors operating and doing business. Their own health and business gets impacted. We were 4 of us and moved out in 10 minutes. Probably we would have spent some time, if the place was cleaner. That may have brought some business opportunities for vendors operating at the beach. We tend to forget long terms importance of activities and chose easy & convenient approaches in short run.
I would request you to follow these things when traveling -
- Manage your waste well and don’t litter
- Use dustbins. Tell us if you went to a place and found it hard to locate a dustbin.
- Avoid bottle waters in hills. Usually you get clean water in hills and water bottles create lot of mess in our ecosystem.
- Say big no to plastic and avoid those unhealthy snacks packed in plastic bags. Rather buy fruits.
- Don't play loud blaring music in forests of jungle camps. You are a guest in that ecosystem and disturbing the locals (humans and animals) is not polite