During our Odisha trip, we planned to visit Museum of Tribal Art and Artefact. It's a nice place to hang around, see some inspiring art and know the lifestyle of Odisha tribes. Check out this Photo Journey to know more about Museum of Tribal Art and Artefact, how to reach there, what to do, where to eat and what makes this an interesting place to explore in Bhubaneshwar.
Museum is open from 10am till 5pm. The gardens around the museum were green due to monsoons and there were lot of paintings all around. There were lot of trees around the place which have nice paintings, as you can see in first photograph of this post.
Museum has dresses, ornaments, weapons and household stuff. It's a good place to know about tribals of Odisha - the way they live, what they do, how they celebrate and lot about their lifestyle.
There is a canteen in Museum campus where you can enjoy local food of Odisha and we enjoyed it.
Musuem is approachable through bus no. 801, which goes pretty close to the museum. Museum is located off National Highway 5. It's located at Gopabandhu nagar.
Museum is very well maintained and there is no entry fee. We were not surprised by the fact that UNESCO recognized this museum as best maintained museum in India. There is a small library inside the museum. Please note that museum is closed on Sundays and public holidays.
If you liked this post and found it helpful, I would request you to follow these things when traveling -
- Manage your waste well and don’t litter
- Use dustbins. Tell us if you went to a place and found it hard to locate a dustbin.
- Avoid bottle waters in hills. Usually you get clean water in hills and water bottles create lot of mess in our ecosystem.
- Say big no to plastic and avoid those unhealthy snacks packed in plastic bags. Rather buy fruits.
- Don't play loud blaring music in forests of jungle camps. You are a guest in that ecosystem and disturbing the locals (humans and animals) is not polite