This beautiful Shanti Stupa is located around Dhauli which is on the banks of Daya river and place is about 8 km away from Bhubaneshwar, Orissa. There are lot of stories associated with Dhauli Hills and how Ashoka is connected with this region. Dhauli has more to offer apart from this Shanti Stupa.
This white peace pagoda is built by Japan Buddha Sangha and Kalinga Buddha Nippon Buddha Sanga.
Dhauli is near major edicts of Ashoka, which are engraved on a huge rock which is preserved. Ashoka shares about welfare of the whole worlds on this rock. There is a rock cut elephant above these edicts which is considered as earliest buddhist sculpture of Odisha.
It seems that Kalinga war happened around Dhauli hills. It seems that Ashoka realized the horror of a war when he noticed red Daya river with the blood of people after battle. He built various stupas and pillars around this place.
This Stupa is located on a high hill which offers great views of surroundings. And Monsoons made it special for us. Everything looked fresh and green. Cloud play made the day best for photographing this place in better way. Daya river looks amazing, especially in Monsoons.
Stay tuned for more exciting Photo Journeys from Bubaneshwar, Odisha.
If you liked this post and found it helpful, I would request you to follow these things when traveling -
- Manage your waste well and don’t litter
- Use dustbins. Tell us if you went to a place and found it hard to locate a dustbin.
- Avoid bottle waters in hills. Usually you get clean water in hills and water bottles create lot of mess in our ecosystem.
- Say big no to plastic and avoid those unhealthy snacks packed in plastic bags. Rather buy fruits.
- Don't play loud blaring music in forests of jungle camps. You are a guest in that ecosystem and disturbing the locals (humans and animals) is not polite