Canon 1300D Vs Nikon 3300D - Which one is better entry level DSLR?


   When I look out for reviews and comparisons of products I want to buy, I find it difficult to read long posts which compare things which are just jargons for me and there is no clear verdict. And at the end I am more confused :). For my recent reviews I have started adding verdicts and in past at least 40 friends and family went ahead with my verdict and bought cameras I suggested and all of them are happy with what they have. And that makes me more confident in suggesting products which are either used by me for some project or by my serious photographer friends. Although this post is about comparison of Canon 1300D and Nikon D3300, but feel free to reach us for detailed views on other cameras.    And if you are also keen on checking comparison of Canon 1200D and Canon 1300D, do check out our old post about it.     It's very interesting that Nikon has also joined the race of Megapixels. Earlier Canon used to launch high megapixel cameras. Nikon offers 24 megapixels in Nikon D3300 while Canon 1300D has 18mp. That is a significant difference but 18m is not bad at all. Personally I don't bother much about these high numbers, especially when we talk about entry level DSLR, which is mainly for home users or beginners.  Having a bigger size is necessary to support more pixels and hence you see bigger sensor-size in Nikon. I would give + to that.   Let me share an interesting fact about MP and Sensor size. If you have higher megapixels on same sized sensor, it's no value addition and in fact a loss. You would see more noise in low light photographs clicked with camera which offers high MP on smaller sensor. So keep this factor in mind when you buy a camera phone as well.   Nikon D3300 also offers more more AF points as compared to Canon 1300D. 11 Vs 9. It's pretty helpful and very important. This gives you more flexibility in focussing on some specific parts of the frame. Although difference of 9 vs 11 is not huge, but it would be unfair to expect more difference at this cost.  ISO range is also higher in Nikon D3300 but having a huge range doesn't really mean that everything fine. It's again about sensor capabilities vs ISO. More ISO means that you can click better clicks in low light by avoiding camera shake. Personally I prefer higher ISO range because noisy image is always better than shaky image, so it works well in worst light conditions. So Nikon wins on this.   Nikon D3300 offer 5fps and Canon D1300 supports 3fps.     I have picked screenshots of spec comparisons from other place but all detailed reviews are mine. In above screenshot ignore the last green on the left (Canon 1300D). More weight of camera can't be better :)  Canon 1300D wins on Wi-Fi and NFC. And if this is something which is must for you then you can probably ignore other factor because comparative offerings of Canon 1300D are not bad  Verdict - Both the cameras offer good set of features but Nikon D3300 certainly offers more. Even the cost of Nikon D3300 is less than Canon 1300D as of today (17th April'2016 - Nikon D3300 - 23,885 Rs Vs Canon 1300D - 26,995 Rs ). I would recommend to go for Nikon D3300 over Canon 1300D, unless the price ranges change.   Please drop your comments if you have any specific questions around this.


When I look out for reviews and comparisons of products I want to buy, I find it difficult to read long posts which compare things which are just jargons for me and there is no clear verdict. And at the end I am more confused :). For my recent reviews I have started adding verdicts and in past at least 40 friends and family went ahead with my verdict and bought cameras I suggested and all of them are happy with what they have. And that makes me more confident in suggesting products which are either used by me for some project or by my serious photographer friends. Although this post is about comparison of Canon 1300D and Nikon D3300, but feel free to reach us for detailed views on other cameras. 
   When I look out for reviews and comparisons of products I want to buy, I find it difficult to read long posts which compare things which are just jargons for me and there is no clear verdict. And at the end I am more confused :). For my recent reviews I have started adding verdicts and in past at least 40 friends and family went ahead with my verdict and bought cameras I suggested and all of them are happy with what they have. And that makes me more confident in suggesting products which are either used by me for some project or by my serious photographer friends. Although this post is about comparison of Canon 1300D and Nikon D3300, but feel free to reach us for detailed views on other cameras.    And if you are also keen on checking comparison of Canon 1200D and Canon 1300D, do check out our old post about it.     It's very interesting that Nikon has also joined the race of Megapixels. Earlier Canon used to launch high megapixel cameras. Nikon offers 24 megapixels in Nikon D3300 while Canon 1300D has 18mp. That is a significant difference but 18m is not bad at all. Personally I don't bother much about these high numbers, especially when we talk about entry level DSLR, which is mainly for home users or beginners.  Having a bigger size is necessary to support more pixels and hence you see bigger sensor-size in Nikon. I would give + to that.   Let me share an interesting fact about MP and Sensor size. If you have higher megapixels on same sized sensor, it's no value addition and in fact a loss. You would see more noise in low light photographs clicked with camera which offers high MP on smaller sensor. So keep this factor in mind when you buy a camera phone as well.   Nikon D3300 also offers more more AF points as compared to Canon 1300D. 11 Vs 9. It's pretty helpful and very important. This gives you more flexibility in focussing on some specific parts of the frame. Although difference of 9 vs 11 is not huge, but it would be unfair to expect more difference at this cost.  ISO range is also higher in Nikon D3300 but having a huge range doesn't really mean that everything fine. It's again about sensor capabilities vs ISO. More ISO means that you can click better clicks in low light by avoiding camera shake. Personally I prefer higher ISO range because noisy image is always better than shaky image, so it works well in worst light conditions. So Nikon wins on this.   Nikon D3300 offer 5fps and Canon D1300 supports 3fps.     I have picked screenshots of spec comparisons from other place but all detailed reviews are mine. In above screenshot ignore the last green on the left (Canon 1300D). More weight of camera can't be better :)  Canon 1300D wins on Wi-Fi and NFC. And if this is something which is must for you then you can probably ignore other factor because comparative offerings of Canon 1300D are not bad  Verdict - Both the cameras offer good set of features but Nikon D3300 certainly offers more. Even the cost of Nikon D3300 is less than Canon 1300D as of today (17th April'2016 - Nikon D3300 - 23,885 Rs Vs Canon 1300D - 26,995 Rs ). I would recommend to go for Nikon D3300 over Canon 1300D, unless the price ranges change.   Please drop your comments if you have any specific questions around this.


And if you are also keen on checking comparison of Canon 1200D and Canon 1300D, do check out our old post about it.



   When I look out for reviews and comparisons of products I want to buy, I find it difficult to read long posts which compare things which are just jargons for me and there is no clear verdict. And at the end I am more confused :). For my recent reviews I have started adding verdicts and in past at least 40 friends and family went ahead with my verdict and bought cameras I suggested and all of them are happy with what they have. And that makes me more confident in suggesting products which are either used by me for some project or by my serious photographer friends. Although this post is about comparison of Canon 1300D and Nikon D3300, but feel free to reach us for detailed views on other cameras.    And if you are also keen on checking comparison of Canon 1200D and Canon 1300D, do check out our old post about it.     It's very interesting that Nikon has also joined the race of Megapixels. Earlier Canon used to launch high megapixel cameras. Nikon offers 24 megapixels in Nikon D3300 while Canon 1300D has 18mp. That is a significant difference but 18m is not bad at all. Personally I don't bother much about these high numbers, especially when we talk about entry level DSLR, which is mainly for home users or beginners.  Having a bigger size is necessary to support more pixels and hence you see bigger sensor-size in Nikon. I would give + to that.   Let me share an interesting fact about MP and Sensor size. If you have higher megapixels on same sized sensor, it's no value addition and in fact a loss. You would see more noise in low light photographs clicked with camera which offers high MP on smaller sensor. So keep this factor in mind when you buy a camera phone as well.   Nikon D3300 also offers more more AF points as compared to Canon 1300D. 11 Vs 9. It's pretty helpful and very important. This gives you more flexibility in focussing on some specific parts of the frame. Although difference of 9 vs 11 is not huge, but it would be unfair to expect more difference at this cost.  ISO range is also higher in Nikon D3300 but having a huge range doesn't really mean that everything fine. It's again about sensor capabilities vs ISO. More ISO means that you can click better clicks in low light by avoiding camera shake. Personally I prefer higher ISO range because noisy image is always better than shaky image, so it works well in worst light conditions. So Nikon wins on this.   Nikon D3300 offer 5fps and Canon D1300 supports 3fps.     I have picked screenshots of spec comparisons from other place but all detailed reviews are mine. In above screenshot ignore the last green on the left (Canon 1300D). More weight of camera can't be better :)  Canon 1300D wins on Wi-Fi and NFC. And if this is something which is must for you then you can probably ignore other factor because comparative offerings of Canon 1300D are not bad  Verdict - Both the cameras offer good set of features but Nikon D3300 certainly offers more. Even the cost of Nikon D3300 is less than Canon 1300D as of today (17th April'2016 - Nikon D3300 - 23,885 Rs Vs Canon 1300D - 26,995 Rs ). I would recommend to go for Nikon D3300 over Canon 1300D, unless the price ranges change.   Please drop your comments if you have any specific questions around this.

It's very interesting that Nikon has also joined the race of Megapixels. Earlier Canon used to launch high megapixel cameras. Nikon offers 24 megapixels in Nikon D3300 while Canon 1300D has 18mp. That is a significant difference but 18m is not bad at all. Personally I don't bother much about these high numbers, especially when we talk about entry level DSLR, which is mainly for home users or beginners.  Having a bigger size is necessary to support more pixels and hence you see bigger sensor-size in Nikon. I would give + to that. 

Let me share an interesting fact about MP and Sensor size. If you have higher megapixels on same sized sensor, it's no value addition and in fact a loss. You would see more noise in low light photographs clicked with camera which offers high MP on smaller sensor. So keep this factor in mind when you buy a camera phone as well. 

Nikon D3300 also offers more more AF points as compared to Canon 1300D. 11 Vs 9. It's pretty helpful and very important. This gives you more flexibility in focussing on some specific parts of the frame. Although difference of 9 vs 11 is not huge, but it would be unfair to expect more difference at this cost.

ISO range is also higher in Nikon D3300 but having a huge range doesn't really mean that everything fine. It's again about sensor capabilities vs ISO. More ISO means that you can click better clicks in low light by avoiding camera shake. Personally I prefer higher ISO range because noisy image is always better than shaky image, so it works well in worst light conditions. So Nikon wins on this. 

Nikon D3300 offer 5fps and Canon D1300 supports 3fps. 

   When I look out for reviews and comparisons of products I want to buy, I find it difficult to read long posts which compare things which are just jargons for me and there is no clear verdict. And at the end I am more confused :). For my recent reviews I have started adding verdicts and in past at least 40 friends and family went ahead with my verdict and bought cameras I suggested and all of them are happy with what they have. And that makes me more confident in suggesting products which are either used by me for some project or by my serious photographer friends. Although this post is about comparison of Canon 1300D and Nikon D3300, but feel free to reach us for detailed views on other cameras.    And if you are also keen on checking comparison of Canon 1200D and Canon 1300D, do check out our old post about it.     It's very interesting that Nikon has also joined the race of Megapixels. Earlier Canon used to launch high megapixel cameras. Nikon offers 24 megapixels in Nikon D3300 while Canon 1300D has 18mp. That is a significant difference but 18m is not bad at all. Personally I don't bother much about these high numbers, especially when we talk about entry level DSLR, which is mainly for home users or beginners.  Having a bigger size is necessary to support more pixels and hence you see bigger sensor-size in Nikon. I would give + to that.   Let me share an interesting fact about MP and Sensor size. If you have higher megapixels on same sized sensor, it's no value addition and in fact a loss. You would see more noise in low light photographs clicked with camera which offers high MP on smaller sensor. So keep this factor in mind when you buy a camera phone as well.   Nikon D3300 also offers more more AF points as compared to Canon 1300D. 11 Vs 9. It's pretty helpful and very important. This gives you more flexibility in focussing on some specific parts of the frame. Although difference of 9 vs 11 is not huge, but it would be unfair to expect more difference at this cost.  ISO range is also higher in Nikon D3300 but having a huge range doesn't really mean that everything fine. It's again about sensor capabilities vs ISO. More ISO means that you can click better clicks in low light by avoiding camera shake. Personally I prefer higher ISO range because noisy image is always better than shaky image, so it works well in worst light conditions. So Nikon wins on this.   Nikon D3300 offer 5fps and Canon D1300 supports 3fps.     I have picked screenshots of spec comparisons from other place but all detailed reviews are mine. In above screenshot ignore the last green on the left (Canon 1300D). More weight of camera can't be better :)  Canon 1300D wins on Wi-Fi and NFC. And if this is something which is must for you then you can probably ignore other factor because comparative offerings of Canon 1300D are not bad  Verdict - Both the cameras offer good set of features but Nikon D3300 certainly offers more. Even the cost of Nikon D3300 is less than Canon 1300D as of today (17th April'2016 - Nikon D3300 - 23,885 Rs Vs Canon 1300D - 26,995 Rs ). I would recommend to go for Nikon D3300 over Canon 1300D, unless the price ranges change.   Please drop your comments if you have any specific questions around this.

I have picked screenshots of spec comparisons from other place but all detailed reviews are mine. In above screenshot ignore the last green on the left (Canon 1300D). More weight of camera can't be better :)

Canon 1300D wins on Wi-Fi and NFC. And if this is something which is must for you then you can probably ignore other factor because comparative offerings of Canon 1300D are not bad

Verdict - Both the cameras offer good set of features but Nikon D3300 certainly offers better for key camera capabilities. And as an add-on, the cost of Nikon D3300 is less than Canon 1300D as of today (Flipkart rates on 17th April'2016 - Nikon D3300 - 23,885 Rs Vs Canon 1300D - 26,995 Rs ). I would recommend to go for Nikon D3300 over Canon 1300D, unless the price ranges change. 

Please drop your comments if you have any specific questions around this. 

33 comments:

Datta Ghosh said...

That was a helpful comparison, thanks for guiding, I believe in this race Nikon gets the edge

Murthy K v v s said...

Good post ..exactly I am looking for it.

VJ Sharma said...

That's the best moment when your post fulfills someone's exact need. Happy to hear that Murthy :)

Datta - I would never see it as Canon Vs Nikon. It's always about comparison of different models and value they provide in longer run w.r.t money spent. And how a particular model aligns with specific needs and style of a Photographer/user.

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot ...

Anonymous said...

Nice! Really helpful

Deepak Katoch said...

Thanks its really helpful. I am a beginner in camera world. So i was thinking to purchase one good DSLR. Now i decided to go with nikon d3300.

Thanks a lot...:)

Regard
Deepak Katoch

VJ Sharma said...

Hey Deepak, Thanks for the comment. Even if you have made the decision, do visit showrooms and look at both the cameras. Read more reviews and then take a call.

But your comment made my day. Happy that you found it helpful and could decide. Happy Clicking. Keep coming here for more inspirations from Photography world.

Anonymous said...

D3300 offers spot metering which is not there in 1300d. 1300d offers partial metering

Anonymous said...

I think canon is best, but with this post i changed my mind and i go 2 nikon. But my frnd tell me canon is best for low light?

VJ Sharma said...

As I always say, It's not right to generalize things. Neither Nikon nor Canon is best. It's more about comparing similar models and see what makes sense to you.

Good luck novelty emporium Waseem said...

it was helpful mate.
thanks

-waseem

Gurdeep Singh said...

I personally have liked the canon 1300d over the nikon one, especially because of its better looks, better build quality, easy to use & more disciplined UI, wifi, nfc, better smartphone app and overall appeal.

I was considering the nikon d3300 for myself earlier but after some reaearch I found it too mainstream, with a cluttered UI, all time crashing smartphone app having a dependency on a separate wifi adapter to transfer pics to the phone on the fly. Certainly, not my cup of coffee.

I have no plans to switch over to any other brand in the near future and plan to invest only in canon ecosystem in the coming days.


Hope this helps someone.

Sushan Chakraborty said...

As of now the price of 1300D is 2k cheaper than D3300. Should I still go for Nikon?

VJ Sharma said...

Sushan - It's important to understand which features are important for you. If you see, there is no clear winner. So you need to compare the feature set and see who wins on the main functionalities which you want.

Sushan Chakraborty said...

The Price of Nikon is now 25k in comparison to Canon which sells at 23K..should I still stick to Nikon?

Kannan Athiyarath said...

Had a comparison by taking the photographs, the colour tone and the beauty of the portraits are better in canon compared to nikon. Also it seems to be user friendly which is more important for a beginner.

VJ Sharma said...

Very valid point Kannan and I appreciate that you tried both yourself. Wondering if you downloaded those shots on your computer and compared? LCDs of Canon cameras has been encouraging as compared to Nikon, although Nikon has improved over time.

sri ram said...

Hi could you please review canon1300d and nikon d3400

Ankur Chaturvedi said...

The current price range is almost inverse of when you had originally posted this review..today 1300D is of 18K vs Nikon 3300 of 25K....what shud be the call taken now considering pricing factor as well

VJ Sharma said...

Ankur - Canon 1300D at 18K is not a bad deal at all. Just ensure that deals are comparable. At times, extra lens is also offered.

Srinivas Sajja said...

Your review is good..just checked the prices and as ankur pointed out it is 24,980 for nikon and 18990 for canon. There are no extra lens in the package. What would you recommend now?

Srinivas Sajja said...

As ankur pointed out, the current prices are 19k for canon and 16k for nikon. No extra lens, I checked the deals. what would you recommend now?

Prateek Yadav said...

which website is saying canon 19k and Nikon 16k>???

VJ Sharma said...

Prateek - Even I couldn't find. So it's more about taking a smart call and don't follow months old verdict. And there is enough information to take an informed call about it.

Prateek Yadav said...

agreed VJ...thanks..a quick question...I was thinking of going for 3300 after reading your blog..can I attach 50mm prime with it or 35 mm prime...approx. cost for the same? I like the 'bokeh effect' in pictures

VJ Sharma said...

Prateek - you can try both. You need to make a call - which one of them works best for you? Go for 1.8mm which is relatively pocket friendly. Check out latest prices on all e-commerce websites.

Unknown said...

helpful post .. Thank U

Abhijeet said...

Hello,

Thank you for detailed comparison. I am beginner and want to buy my first camera. Which should i go for? Actually by reading post and all comments I am thinking to buy canon 1300d, but I have one query like If after 6 months or a year i want to buy any new bigger lens then will it work with canon 1300d ? can you please help me in this

Thanks,
Abhijeet

prashant rajotia said...

I used both nikon3300 and cannon 1300DD.Nikon always win in paper but reality's isdifferentt. When I see images in laptops and HD led TV . canon image is so sharp , colour depth is high ,better contrast .built quality of canon is amazing.

VJ Sharma said...

Thanks for sharing your inputs, Prashant.

I had other view about this, which has changed over the time. Canon Camera LCDs were much better than Nikon and quite encouraging. But on screen results of Nikon were comparatively better. Having said that, we should always compare 2 models so I am sharing the wrong argument here.

Prashant - would you please share more if you edit the photographs or talking about original JPEG results? These details are certainly valuable for viewers of the blog.

hridyesh said...

If canon is cheaper than nikon shpuld we go for canon , it will be rty decisoon ?

shyam mamidi said...

Thank u it's very helpful

shyam mamidi said...

Thank u it's very helpful

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...