2 years back when I covered 3rd Mughal Rally in Jammu & Kashmir state of India, we stayed in Hari Niwas Palace on first night. 'Amar Mahal' is located at same place and a beautiful piece of Architecture.
The Amar Mahal Palace is a beautiful palace located on the bank of river in Jammu town. Now it has been converted into a Museum and one of the popular places in the town. Amar Mahal was built for Raja Amar Singh, who is a Dogra king. This palace was donated to the Hari-Tara charitable trust by Dr. Karan Singh for use as a museum. This beautiful building has some of the most beautiful golden throne weighing 120 kg, Pahari miniature and Kangra miniature paintings , a library of more than 24 thousand books and rare art collections.
The palace was the last official residence of the Dogra dynasty , and a large collection of portraits of the royal family are also on display in the Museum. Usually there is good security around this place and very well maintained space around it. This place is very close to Raj Bhavan in the city and has quite peaceful surroundings.
To know more about Amar Mahal in Jammu, check out - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amar_Mahal_Palace
If you liked this post and found it helpful, I would request you to follow these things when traveling -
- Manage your waste well and don’t litter
- Use dustbins. Tell us if you went to a place and found it hard to locate a dustbin.
- Avoid bottle waters in hills. Usually you get clean water in hills and water bottles create lot of mess in our ecosystem.
- Say big no to plastic and avoid those unhealthy snacks packed in plastic bags. Rather buy fruits.
- Don't play loud blaring music in forests of jungle camps. You are a guest in that ecosystem and disturbing the locals (humans and animals) is not polite