Have you ever tried to play actions in Adobe Photoshop Elements or tried to use some freely available actions/effects on internet. Here we are trying to share the first experience of downloading free action-effects from Adobe Photoshop Exchange and play them in Adobe Photoshop Elements to get this wonderful effect of Zig-saw puzzle. Let's check...
So let's go step-by-step for this.
1. We went to Photoshop Exchange at http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/exchange/index.cfm?event=productHome&exc=16&loc=en_us
2. Chosen one of the cool effect and dowloaded PSE action.
3. A ZIP file is downloaded from this page. So extracted all the files.
4. Now open following location and copy extracted files -
Windows XP - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\10.0\Locale\en_US\Workflow Panels\actions
Windows Vista - C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\10.0\Locale\en_US\Workflow Panels\actions
Mac System - library/Application Support /Adobe /Photoshop Elements /10.0/Locale/en_US/Workflow Panels/actions
(The next time you start Photoshop Elements, the action will appear in the Automated Actions guided edit menu.)
5. Open your photograph in Adobe Photoshop Elements and open it in Guided Edit mode. Please refer to image shown below -
6. Go to the bottom on the list shown on left and click on 'Action Player'. Your workspace will look like the one shown below -
7. Go to the first dropdown menu and you will list of all action sets you have downloaded and copied at appropriate location. After selecting Action-Set, select Action in second dropdown.
8. Click on Apply after selecting Action on left side. It will start the processing. After some animation in Adobe Photoshop Elements, it will show you final result after applying actions.
Hope that above mentioned workflow is enough for making you understand about how actions can be played and effect are applied in Adobe Photoshop Elements. We shall share articles around actions in Adobe Photoshop Elements soon.