I have visited Shimla twice in the last 2 years and do not think that I will ever be saying 'No' if given an opportunity to visit Shimla again.
Here, let me take you to a quick tour to all statues in the amazing city of Shimla.
1. First and most amazing statue in Shimla is Hanuman ji's statue at Jhakhoo temple. This is considered as world's tallest statue at 108 feet at the highest altitude of over 8100 feet and constructed at a cost of Rs 1.5 crores, which surpasses the current tallest statue of 'Christ the Redeemer', which measures at 98 feet and stands at an altitude of 2296 feet in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
2. Laxmi bai's horse riding statue at Rani Jhansi Park, Shimla. This is 15 feet high, 3 tonnes weighing horse riding statue of Queen of Jhansi, Laxmi Bai. The statue sculptured by Faqir Charan Parida of Haridwar and cost of the Statue is Rs. 26 lakh.
3. Mahatma Gandhi at Ridge, Shimla. The Ridge houses a large water reservoir which acts as the main supply of Shimla town.
4. Indira Gandhi's statue at Ridge, Shimla.
5. Dr. Yashwant Singh Parmar, Founder of Himachal. Dr. Parmar was the first Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh.
6. Lal Bahadur Shastri.